Now that -30 C is a distant memory, it’s time to start enjoying more outdoor activities again! One of the more common sights out on the sidewalk now is joggers. It’s so easy to go stir-crazy during the winter months, so getting out for a run can be very refreshing.
Although jogging looks like a simple activity, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- 1.Do a warm up and stretch before going out. It warms up the muscles before you exercise, which will help prevent injury.
- 2.Dress for the weather. Spring can have unpredictable weather and can still be chilly. Layer up!
- 3.Stay hydrated. This means getting the right amount of water before, during and after exercise.
- 4.Wear the right shoes! Wearing proper running shoes can reduce the stress placed on the heel, ankles, and knees while jogging or running.
- 5.Know your limits. We tend to become less active over the winter, so be mindful of your limitations to avoid a preventable injury.
Now get out there and have a good run!